First off, I’m going to take my best shot at this, but know that I’m probably not the person you should be taking advice from. I’m not a professional bodybuilder, a scientist, a doctor, nor do I have any degree or training in any field related to any of this. I’m 5’8″ and only 155lbs. But I research this stuff a lot and put it to practice learning through trial and error. I’m a mad scientist and my body is my test subject.
- Well, weight lifting, duh
- Switch up your routine – The exercises themselves, rest time between sets, number of reps per set, number of sets, weight
- Keep aiming to increase the intensity – See above for methods to increase the intensity
- Limit the cardio, but don’t fear the cardio. Cardio is fucking sweet.
- “Eat tons of good food”
- Protein, protein, protein
- Oh, you’re adding mass? Now is the time to enjoy those (HEALTHY) carbs
- Fat doesn’t = fat. But good fats = good muscle.
- Don’t train the same muscle group on back-to-back days (48-hour rule is solid advice)